This privacy statement describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as updated from time to time. It applies to all clients, candidates and contractors. We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed;
- Processed for limited purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Not kept longer than necessary;
- Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights;
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Please note that our website (news) and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
Our basis for using your personal data -
For prospective candidates, candidates, contractors, referees and clients, we will only collect, store, use, process, transfer and disclose personal data in so far as it is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
For clients we may also rely on the need for us to perform a contract for you, for example in contacting you to discuss relevant vacancies and suitable candidates.
In the event that we need to collect and hold special category personal data about you such as health information that you or others provide about you we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing, please see below.
Personal data you give us
You may give us personal data by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, submit your CV to us and when you report a problem with our site.
Here are some examples of the type of personal data you may give us:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Date of birth, gender, next of kin and emergency contact information, National Insurance number, payroll records and tax status information, bank account details.
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Results of HMRC employment status check; and details of your interest in and connection with the intermediary through which your services are supplied.
Sensitive personal data
We may be required to collect and process more sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform to legal or contractual requirements, such as equal opportunities laws or obligations imposed upon us by our clients (to enable them to comply with their own legal requirements). We must have your explicit consent to collect and store such data. Sensitive personal data could be any of the following but not restricted to:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, health or sex life, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information automatically collected
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. The types of cookies used are detailed on our website.
Personal data we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you by word of mouth, for example by a recommendation from a friend, former or current employer(s) or former or current colleague(s). We use LinkedIn and job boards as publicly available sources of personal data for recruitment purposes.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If you have applied for a job the information you provide, including your CV identifying you by name, to ascertain your suitability for the position and to make your CV available to our consultants in connection with the recruitment process, unless you request otherwise.
- If your application is progressed further, details may be disclosed to third parties (such, present and past employers, our employees and directors, credit reference agencies etc. for reasons such as the verification of your application.
- For the purposes of ensuring the validity of right to work documents and other ID your details may be disclosed to an identity verification company who will conduct a soft credit check as part of the verification.
- If required by law or for the purposes of our business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers) and to deal with legal disputes involving you, or other employees, workers, contractors or clients.
- To pay you and, if you are an employee or deemed employee for tax purposes, deduct tax and National Insurance contributions (NICs).
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure, in management information used to monitor recruitment initiatives and policies.
- If your application is unsuccessful, we may try to find you employment or work with alternative clients and may, therefore, disclose your details to other prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any ongoing administrative process involved, unless you tell us otherwise).
How we share or disclose your personal data
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- Prospective employers and/or clients for the purposes of assessing your suitability.
- Identity verification companies for the purpose of validating right to work documents and ID documents.
Where your personal data is stored
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We will do our best to protect your personal data, although as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, misuse or loss.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data in accordance with data retention periods:
Transfer of data outside of the EEA
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the EEA.
Access to and correction of your information
It is your duty to inform us of changes. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- You also have the right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on our Website
Our cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How we will contact you
We may contact you by phone or email.
How you can contact us
Data Protection Officer
DDC Precision Ltd.
Concept House, Boundary Court
Willow Farm Business Park
Derby DE74 2NN