Instrumentation Engineer – Contract
Our client requires that you have 3 years minimum of related instrumentation experience, preferably on off-highway or agricultural equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Prepare and set-up Instrumentation on company products that are to be tested to validate the machine and components to Internal Standard Test Procedures and external Standards.
– Install the instrumentation (pressures, temperatures, displacements, accelerometers, strain gauges, voltage, current, speeds etc) to company products in preparation for testing.
– Program the Somat eDAQ data acquisition system in preparation for test activities.
– Support the data collection using programmable loggers (Somat eDAQ, Hydrotechnik and Delta data acquisition systems).
– Problem solves any issues with the programmable logger or transducers during test activities to ensure that the test activities remain on schedule and minimise the time that the machine is not being tested.
– Remove the instrumentation (pressures, temperatures, displacements, accelerometers, strain gauges, voltage, current, speeds etc) from company products after testing has been completed.
– Maintain and control the instrumentation within the Test and Development to ensure that it is in good working order, calibrated and stored effectively when not being used on a test.
– Support activities to ensure that all equipment and instrumentation within the Test and Development is repaired or calibrated on a periodic basis.
– Supervise and train one or more subordinates (Interns or Test Technicians) doing various testing tasks, as applicable and assist if necessary.
– Support the Test and Development process improvement activities.
– Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policy and safe working practices, supporting the writing and review processes for the Test and Development risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
– Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the company Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
– Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
– Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering.
– 3 years minimum of related instrumentation experience required, preferably on off-highway or agricultural equipment.
– Proficient knowledge of the Somat eDAQ data acquisition system.
– Proficient knowledge of Instrumentation and the capabilities of different types of instrumentation (pressures, temperatures, displacements, accelerometers, strain gauges, voltage, current, speeds etc)
– Knowledge of Hydrotechnik and Delta data acquisition test equipment is preferred but not essential.
– Knowledge of Knowledge of Infield and Glyphworks data analysis packages is preferred but not essential.
– A working knowledge of hydraulics and electrical components is preferred but not essential.
– Works well individually and within a close knit team of diverse backgrounds and experience.
– Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems.
– Strong verbal communication skills.
– Experience of creating and maintaining databases would be an advantage.
– Excellent time management and organizational skills.